Today, Walt Disney World Resort has announced that they will be releasing new 50th anniversary-themed merch coming this spring. There will be 3 new collections and some new additions to the Celebration Collection. The 3 new collections are the Earidescent Shimmer Collection, the Disney Vault Balloon Collection, and the Disney Vault Orange Bird Collection which will be available in the late spring. Below is a brief description of the new collections and merchandise from Disney.
EARidescent Shimmer Collection
The EARidescent Shimmer Collection draws inspiration from the iconic gold and blue turrets of Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park, reflecting the festive décor seen across Walt Disney World Resort as a part of the 50th anniversary celebration.
- EARidescent Shimmer Collection Minnie Mouse Headband glistens with bedazzled gold-toned sequins, the perfect accessory for any 50th anniversary celebration-themed outfit.
- EARidescent Shimmer Loungefly Backpack blends a classic royal color scheme with modern design through a unique swirl pattern that marbles blue and gold hues together.
- EARidescent Shimmer Collection Spirit Jersey, debuting later in spring, is a premium pullover Spirit Jersey featuring a ribbed crew neck, cuffed sleeves and gleaming EARidescent embellishments.
Disney Vault Balloon Collection
Longtime visitors of The Most Magical Place on Earth may recall the colorful balloon-patterned shopping bags used to package souvenirs purchased at Walt Disney World Resort in 1971. The Disney Vault Balloon Collection pays homage to the vintage Mickey Mouse balloon iconography from decades past.
- Disney Vault Balloon Collection Spirit Jersey features a bright, whimsical print and heritage Walt Disney World Resort logos.
- Disney Vault Balloon Collection Bucket Hat, with a transparent green panel and vintage Walt Disney World logo along the brim, is a fashion-forward item combining current style trends and 1970s flair.
- Disney Vault Balloon Collection Loungefly Backpack offers a bold geometric design across the exterior pocket, which makes a statement with its electric blue straps and classic balloon print.
New to the Celebration Collection
The Celebration Collection, which launched last fall at the start of the 50th anniversary celebration at Walt Disney World Resort, will expand to include brand new commemorative merchandise for the whole family.
- Celebration Collection Backpack decorated with stylized renderings of Walt Disney World Resort landmarks including Cinderella Castle, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth and the Tree of Life.
- Dooney and Bourke Purses and Wallet will be available on two bag styles or a wallet, showcasing favorite characters and iconic Disney Parks locations.
- 50th Anniversary Character Plush Toys offerings expand with the debut of Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Goofy, all sporting 50th Anniversary celebration fashions.
Disney Vault Orange Bird Collection debuting later this spring!
The Disney Vault Orange Bird Collection pays tribute to Orange Bird, a favorite Disney character who has come to symbolize Florida and its legacy in the citrus industry. Orange Bird’s spunky personality shines through a range of groovy new products, inspired by the retro flower-power styles that rose in popularity during the early 1970s. The collection will debut later this spring.
- Disney Vault Orange Bird Crossbody adds a touch of cuteness to any look as a three-dimensional replica of Orange Bird.
- Disney Vault Orange Bird Camp Shirt features a notched collar and muted color palette reminiscent of the 1970s, complemented by a cheerful motif of Orange Bird and various florals.
- Disney Vault Orange Bird Denim Jacket brings vintage trends to the 21st century with a funky bubble font, stylized Orange Bird artwork and decorative patches.