Following the announcement from Orange County Florida that masks are no longer mandatory outside, Universal Orlando Resort will no longer require it’s guests to wear a Face mask outdoors in their theme parks. The new rule goes into effect beginning May 15 2021.
Face coverings are not mandatory outdoors. Guests are required to wear face coverings while at indoor locations, indoor hotel public areas and at all attractions when visiting Universal Orlando Resort, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Face coverings are available for purchase online, as well as at select merchandise locations in City Walk and the theme parks. Children under the age of three are not required to wear face coverings during their visit.
Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Orlando Website
So Face Masks are still mandatory in multiple locations:
- Face coverings are not mandatory while outdoors.
- Face coverings are still required in all indoor locations including shops and restaurants.
- Face coverings are required at all attractions—from the moment the queue begins until the exit of the experience.
- Guests must still provide their own face covering.
- Social Distancing between travel parties remains at three feet (1 meter).